This site is updated regularly, so after this visit, come back soon. Already you'll find further information here on a range of media-related activities, including:
- Broadcasting: presentation, production and management activities in contexts as diverse as the British Forces Broadcasting Service, Independent Local Radio, an offshore radio ship and BBC Radio Four. Now presents 16 music sequence programmes weekly on-line worldwide on three internet radio stations at www.thevoiceofpeace.co.il and www.thevop.net
- Voice overs: on radio and television commercials, videos, programme trails and station promos.
- Writing for mass markets: magazine articles for retail distribution, about subjects as diverse as audio production, building, catering, celebrities and folk heroes such as Che Guevara.
- Academic papers: given at international media conferences in Beijing, Shanghai, Strasbourg, Halle, Olsztyn, Mexico City, Brussels, Louvain-la- Neuve, Zagreb, Paris, Bordeaux, Krakow, Lublin, Lyon, Bilbao, Siena, Luton, Sunderland, Manchester, London, Brighton, Derry, Bournemouth and Preston.
- Chapters: written for specialised academic journals and books about the mass media.
- Teaching: on Masters, Undergraduate and Further Education programmes at the University of Sunderland and, previously, at Farnborough College of Technology (an Associate College of the University of Surrey).
- Books: academic monographs and practical textbooks for use in Higher and Further Education, and co-edited collections of academic works.
- Research interests include socio-economic and political influences on mediatised environments, mainly, but not exclusively through the medium of radio and the practices of journalism. Themes include democratisation and identity, citizenship and representation, as well as globalisation, technological advance and digital migration. Profesor Colaborador at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Media consultancy: research for the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), participation in degree validation panels for the Universities of Cumbria, Central England, London (Goldsmiths College) and Surrey, and developing curricula, student support materials and assessment instruments for national qualifications including BTEC Higher Nationals, BTEC Nationals and BTEC Firsts, as well as the 14-19 Diploma in Creative and Media.
- External examining: for the Universities of Cumbria, Chester, Dublin City, Staffordshire and Surrey, and as Chair of Examiners for the AS and A2 qualifications in Media: Communication & Production for Edexcel. Previously, creating and editing objective tests for the external assessment of GNVQ Media: Communication & Production.
- PhD examiner: for the Universities of Madrid Complutense, Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, Bournemouth, South Australia Sunderland and the Basque Country.